One of our favorite restaurants is Texas Roadhouse…not just for the barbecue, but for the rolls and cinnamon honey butter! We seriously go through a couple baskets of those things before our entrees even make it to our table! When we found this recipe from The Recipe Critic, we couldn’t wait to try it! They were so delicious and I could pretty much eat that honey butter by the spoonful.
- For the dough:
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3-4 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cinnamon Honey Butter:
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In the bottom of a stand mixer, add yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar to ¼ cup warm water. Allow yeast to double in size (about 5 minutes).
- Place milk in the microwave for 45 seconds, add the butter to the milk and stir until it is completely melted. Allow milk to cool until it is lukewarm.
- Once the yeast has doubled, add milk to the yeast mixture.
- Add sugar and half the flour until it reaches the consistency of muffin batter. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Add egg and salt to the mixture and mix well. Add remaining flour to form a soft dough. Knead the dough until it is smooth.
- Cover and let rise until it doubles in size. Once it has doubled, punch the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Lightly flour a surface and roll the dough into a large rectangle, about a ½ inch thick. Cut the rectangle in half, and then cut each half into 6 square pieces with a pizza cutter.
- Place on a greased baking sheet and allow to rise until double in size.
- Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until the tops are golden brown.
- To make the honey butter, whip together butter, powdered sugar, honey, and cinnamon and serve on warm rolls.
Supplies needed for this recipe:
Check out some of our other copycat recipes: