We love donuts (I mean…who doesn’t?) AND we have a couple of kids that are obsessed with Mickey Mouse, so these copycat Mickey Mouse Beignets were a huge hit at our house! They are super easy and really tasty! We ate ours with chocolate dipping sauce, strawberry jam, and we even ate the left overs the next morning with some hot cocoa! These Mickey Mouse Beignets are sure to be a hit with your family and friends!
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- ½ cup warm water
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 Tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs
- 8 cups flour
- 1 ½ cup boiling water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar
- Jam, jelly or chocolate sauce for dipping
- Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a small bowl, stirring to dissolve.
- Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine sugar, shortening, salt, heavy cream, eggs, flour and boiling water in a large bowl. Stir in yeast mixture.
- With the dough hook attachment of an electric mixer on medium speed, mix the dough just until combined.
- Let dough rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to ¼-inch thickness and cut individual beignets with a Mickey Mouse shaped cookie cutter.
- Cover with a towel and let the dough rise until doubled in size, or about 1-1½ hours.
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees F in a deep pot over medium-high heat.
- Fry beignets until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove beignets from oil with tongs and place on paper towels to drain.
- Dust warm beignets with powdered sugar and serve with with jam, jelly or chocolate sauce for dipping.
Supplies needed for this recipe:
Check out some of our other Disneyland copycat recipes!
Planning a Disney trip?!
Check out Getaway Today for the BEST price and service possible to make your vacation absolutely magical!
Use the promo code “FAMILYFOODFUN” to save even more when you are booking your trip through Getaway Today!