On our last trip to Disneyland, we stopped for a treat at Pooh Corner Bakery and as soon as I saw the chocolate chip cookie, I knew I had to try it! It was so amazingly delicious and filled with so many chocolate chunks that I couldn’t wait to recreate it at home! The trick to making the cookies as big as they are in the park is all in the giant cookie dough scoop and the sugar crystals in the dough make these cookies spectacular! Literally the best chocolate chip cookies I’ve ever made.
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup sugar crystal sprinkles
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugars.
- Add egg, water and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Mix in flour, salt and baking soda.
- Fold in sugar crystals, chocolate chips and chocolate chunks.
- Refrigerate cookie dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and place heaping scoops of dough onto the cookie sheets. I fit 6 cookies on each cookie sheet, so they had plenty of room to grow.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown and set up.
Supplies needed to make this recipe:
Check out Getaway Today for the BEST price and service possible to make your vacation absolutely magical!
Use the promo code “FAMILYFOODFUN” to save even more when you are booking your trip through Getaway Today!