On our last trip to Disneyland, we ate at The Blue Bayou Restaurant with our kids and I ordered some of their Chicken Gumbo. It was so delicious! I don’t know how they packed so much flavor into one little bowl of soup! We recreated it as soon as we got home from our trip and were pretty pleased with the result. This Copycat Disneyland Chicken Gumbo is the ultimate comfort food!
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup diced onions
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2-3 cooked chicken breasts,cooked and cubed
- 2-3 pre-cooked Andouille sausage, sliced
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Parsley, optional
- Melt butter in a large pot on medium-high heat. Add flour and stir constantly to create a roux.
- When the roux is a caramel-color, add in celery and onions and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour in chicken broth.
- Mix in the salt, white pepper and cayenne. Let simmer 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chicken, sausage, rice, and cajun seasoning. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley, if desired.
Supplied needed for this recipe:
Check out some of our other Disney copycat recipes:
Use the promo code “FAMILYFOODFUN” to save even more when you are booking your trip through Getaway Today!