When I’m pregnant, the only thing that seems to sound appetizing is bread. Bread in all its forms! One of my favorite places to eat is Olive Garden, just for the salad and those amazing breadsticks! My husband surprised me a few days ago by making these copycat Olive Garden breadsticks for dinner and they were so good!
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3½ cups all purpose flour, add more or less as needed
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon salt
- Butter topping:
- ½ cup butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and allow to sit for 10 minutes to activate yeast.
- Add flour, salt and melted butter to yeast mixture. Mix with paddle attachment of stand mixer or wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Knead dough for a few minutes just until dough is smooth in consistency. Do not overknead.
- Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Pull off pieces of dough and roll out into strips. Cover the dough with a light towel and let sit in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour to allow dough to rest and rise.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Once oven has preheated, place the cookie sheet in oven and bake breadsticks for 6-7 minutes.
- While breadsticks are cooking, microwave ½ cup butter, 2 teaspoons garlic powder and 1 teaspoon salt.
- After bread sticks have cooked for 6 or 7 minutes, brush the bread sticks with half the butter mixture. Then continue to bake for 5-8 more minutes.
- After removing breadsticks from oven, immediately brush the other half of the butter on the sticks.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
*Recipe from Full Bellies, Happy Kids
Check out some of our other recipes: